Pre-feasibility study into solar energy rollout in Namibia
Africa New Energies secured funding to carry out a pre-feasibility study assessing the potential and commercial viability of widespread solar energy adoption in Namibia using a financing template that is repeatable in other African countries facing electricity shortages.
- Executive Summary
- 1. Overview of the Namibian Market
- 2. Electricity Supply in Namibia
- 3. Pricing of Electricity in Namibia
- 4. Constraints faced by Utility Scale Power Producers
- 5. Potential for Solar in Namibia
- 6. ANE’s Solution
- 7. Using the Gas
- 8. Extending Access – the ANE Revolving Carbon Fund
- 9. ANE’s Four-step Development Roadmap
- 10. Corporate Social Responsibility
- 11. Rejected-Delayed Alternatives
- 12. Impact of Proposed Solution
- 13 .Replicating the ANE Development Strategy into Other African Countries
- 14. Gas-to-Solar Conclusions and Recommendations
All rights reserved. The information contained in this document is both confidential and commercially sensitive. It may also be proprietary and trade secret to Africa New Energies (ANE) (UK Registration Number 08292371). Without the prior written approval of ANE, no part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying or recording or stored in any retrieval system of whatever nature. Use of any copyright notice does not imply unrestricted public access to any part of this document.
Africa New Energies
276 Ewel Road
Surrey KT6 7RG
First published 2011, updated 2018
You can download the original report in PDF format here.